Saturday, August 18, 2012

ten things


1. lovely self-sown poppies in a forgotten corner in Ballycotton
2. so many, many fuchsias here, the symbol of County Cork
3. ah, weather... (but can you see the rainbow cloud??)
4. I bought knitter's almanac by Elizabeth Zimmermann and have re-kindled my love for her
5. speaking of knitting (always), i've been doing a lot of it. so far I've knitted for the good people of Ireland five hats, almost one jumper, almost two dishcloths and i've taught 2 to knit. (well, re-taught one)
6. as a general rule I dislike cats. this one, a three-legged, i like. 
7. this Rekorderlig orange and ginger cider is a lovely discovery i have made.
8. I have a pile of postcards to be written, so i'll get onto that today...
9. I have nearly finished Austin's jumper
10. I'll be sad to leave Ireland next wednesday, but oh so excited to see Scotland and England.

2 comments:

  1. the first shot is a nice spin on the Japanese garden view through the window...
    thanks for the general loveliness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for our postcard, Caitlin. Sounds/looks/knits like you are having a wonderful time! All good wishes for your time in Scotland and England.
    Love Ada, Paul and Sam xx

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.