Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Instagram food etc.

It would seem i've fallen into the instagram food trap. Instagram app trap. you see, I am one of those people. I like to connect with others through food, people who i possibly will never meet, people who dream and drool over food constantly, eat bountifully from their own gardens, witches in the kitchen spreading the carefully scatted supergreen, wholefood amalgamation alchemy. i do love it. It means i can gleefully share a comment with the likes of My New Roots and Earthsprout, Nirrimi and Mexico and try to somehow stick my bare toe into their world. It fills a little space.






at the same time, i thought i'd join in with Pip and Kate in this little tag-along. 

Making : mustard beanies, a cabled sweater for myself in dove grey. 
Cooking : a raw cashew dreamcake. tomorrow. 
Drinking : green juice with garden add-ins. cannot get enough. 
Reading: my travel journal from last year. yearning. 
Wanting: a forest to envelop me and fill my ears with the depth of nature. 
Looking: through the window at the dark sky, pocked with stars. 
Playing: loud music in study breaks with my brother, dancing like wild things. 
Wasting: time on the internet. pinterest you are a beautiful well of doom
Sewing: Melton wool cosies onto jars
Wishing: I was in the Tarkine Forest, TAS. 
Enjoying: The honey pickled beets I made a few days ago. 
Waiting: For my Broad Bean flowers to become edibles. 
Liking: The early morning frosted sunlight of late Winter. 
Wondering: What the upcoming federal election will bring. 
Loving: Shopping for dry goods at Terre Madre each week. 
Hoping: The Greens win the election (it can be a far-fetched hope, right?)
Marvelling: At the moon's constant wax and wane, drawing time along with it. 
Needing: shoes. All of mine leak. 
Smelling: Like coconut oil every day and loving it!
Wearing: Layers of handknits. Go granny!
Following: The bloggers who fill me with joy and inspiration. 
Noticing: The warming days. 
Knowing: I need to write more, from myself, for myself. 
Thinking: About a dear family in a hard place. 
Feeling: Healthy, full of life. 
Bookmarking: Recipes for more kitchen experimenting. I'm loving the kitchen lately. 
Opening: Packages. Joy!
Giggling: With my brother. Sibling in-jokes are the best. 
Feeling: Like I want to do so many things in life, right now!


x

5 comments:

  1. lovely...
    and i'll have to find you on instagram!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a culinary artist. Definitely have bookmarked this space!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the part where you say you are doing this to give back but I would assume by all the comments that this is working for you as well.
    instagram shoutouts

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.