Yesterday I put in my seed order with Digger's Club - silverbeet, kale, parsnip, peas, lettuce, broccoli and... Microgreens! (inspired by M and N's microgreen crop planted in split bamboo!)
I discovered we already have leftover seeds for spinach, roquette, broad beans, carrots, coriander, parsley beets and basil. As I'm going to be here at home for the whole year I'd really like to take care of my garden properly and see if I can provide part of our winter and spring cooking needs. The plants still left in the garden from last year (namely tuscan kale and parsley) I'll let go to seed and see if I can salvage the seeds. Our herb garden of sage, thyme, rosemary and oregano is still going strong and has been for years and a hilarious rhubarb plant that never stops resurrecting itself when it dies every few months.
I'm waiting for a cool day to muck out the chook pen and add it and the compost/leaf mulch to the garden. There is rain and cool weather forecast later this week, I actually get tingly with excitement about rain! For now, in my fan-cool bedroom I am reading Dig, Organic gardening and consulting pinterest for tips and green-thumb advice to make sure I can properly care for my plants this time around.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.