Tuesday, February 19, 2013

liquid breakfast

I have been enjoying smoothies for brekky in this hot weather. Every morning since i got home (partly to remedy the fact that all my clothes are tight post travel), after the usual groggy but pleasant wakeup I pad into the kitchen to think about the contents of my breakfast smoothie. I actually get excited about it. I'm a big fan of green smoothies, but as I also love berries and summer fruit they usually turn a bit murky but taste lovely anyway. My staple ingredients are milled almonds and pepitas, a banana, water and a squeezed orange. I have my favourite recipes to add to this: spinach/lemon/pear/ice, frozen berries/peach/spinach/ice, mango/coconut oil/peach/oats/lemon, or any combination of those ingredients. yum.
this one was spinach, nectarine, banana, water, pepitas, lemon, orange. could have done with some ice as the friction made it a bit warm...



what was left of a berry/spinach/peach mix


yum, again.

2 comments:

  1. I love green smoothies for breakfast! I make mine kale, banana, almond milk and peanut butter!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh yum. i'd have to sub almond butter but i never thought of that! x

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.